Nowadays, the Internet becomes more and more important and is indispensable for many people, even like fishes can’t live without water. Along with this incredible growth, online activities in general and making money on the Internet in particular are very hot, and become the goal of many people, including dynamic college students, who are studying in academic environment, yet still want to earn some extra income.
Basically, online jobs are all legal activities that can help generating income in online environment. Compared to offline jobs, or traditional jobs, they have also their own advantages and disadvantages. About this, online jobs for college students have some specific factors. Here they are:
Online jobs for college students pros:
- Most online jobs can be done at home. It means that college students don’t have to go to work place like normal jobs, such as babysitter, or when working for fast food companies. This is quite convenient, not only for college students, but also for many other people, like housewives, or the old, since when working at home, people usually feel less stressed and save time for moving.
- Working online is also very flexible about work time. Especially for college students, who have to balance between the studying and working time. Except for some certain type online job marketplace of online jobs such as virtual assistant, most online jobs can give college students chances to self-arrange the working time. You work hard, chances that you earn much money are higher; and vice versa.
- Earn extra income. This is definitely the reason for most college students when they decided to find a part-time job. With that money, they can cover their tuition fee, purchase new stuff, and many other things; but the more important thing is that earning money by themselves will make them to value money more. Payments of online jobs usually are paid based on hour rate or whole lot of work, depends on the features of each work.
- Chance to sharpen skills. Everyone knows that the more you practice a work, the better skill you get. Therefore, if you teach English online, your English skill will be improved; or when you work as an online writer, your writing skill will be better over the time. This rule is the same for other jobs. Thus, this is very beneficial for college students’ work in the future, after leaving the university.
Online jobs for college students cons:
- The first cons I need to list here is also a strong warning: the fraud rate (also called scam) in online activities is very high. Therefore, you have to be really careful before deciding to apply for a certain job. Don’t be rush when seeing the attractive hiring ads with extremely high salary and light work. The advice here is that you have to do some research on the Internet, to see what others say about that job/service/company; is it really good or just want to take away from you some money?
- Another cons is that for most online jobs, people are required to be patient, especially for college students, who want quick cash without giving much effort. Remember: Rome can’t be built within a day. You have to accumulate the experience gradually, and try hard to find your own successful key.
Now, let’s move on to the next part: How to find the online jobs for college students?
Well, there are so many online jobs out there for you to choose, but generally, there are some websites that are big and reliable, can help you find the jobs more conveniently.
Elance: This is a huge job marketplace. They play the role of middleman between the employers and the freelancers like you. For almost every skill you can think of, you can find the job chance here.
Odesk: Quite similar to Elance, except for the fact that you can find many good programmers here.
Freelancer: Same as the above sites
Fiverr: a famous micro-work style site. Employers and freelancers do all transactions for $5. You can browse this site, check some hot ads, and adjust the work you can do for $5. Some hot tasks are related to SEO, writing, graphic designs, voice recording, etc
We have just discussed about online jobs for college students. This field includes both high potential and high risk in it, so college students as well as every one have to be sober when deciding to join it.