The thought behind gifting the groomsmen is your way of saying thank you: for the tux rental, the duties of being an usher for both the bride and groom’s side of friends and family, for remembering which side of the isle to seat dear Aunt Grace and most of all for being the support you needed during the wedding. Here are some simple ideas to show your appreciation:
1. Think of something you have always wished you had but never pictured purchasing it for yourself. An excellent example could be a hand-crafted smoking pipe with accessories, a velvet smoking jacket, cigar or pipe humidor, an engraved cigar cutter. Go for the luxurious without breaking the bank and don’t give something too outrageous or your groomsmen may never use it Funny Anime T-Shirt.
2. Get into the male bonding mode with a shot glass set, matching beer steins, engraved flasks, key-chain bottle openers or pocketknives. These are gift classics, which are occasionally practical with a hard to beat price. A more trendy male bonding gift idea could be team jersey’s with their name printed on the back, embroidered bowling shirts, personalized pool cues’ or group tickets to a favorite sporting event.
3. These gifts are from the groom to his groomsmen as a final goodbye to bachelorhood and they should be able to tell the gift came from you. Make sure you don’t get anything with your lovely bride’s signature on it.
4. You will want to avoid excessively flamboyant or outlandishly cheap gifts, however, that doesn’t mean you have to go with something boring. If you’re the type of guy who loves a good joke and knows your groomsmen will appreciate and have a good laugh over a t-shirt saying, “I survived the wedding, he got the bride, and all I got was this stupid t-shirt.” gag, then by all means buy it.
5. An added personal touch to your groomsmen gifts’ would be to personalize them with a monogram. An elegantly placed set of initials on a pair of cufflinks, wallet, key-chain, or engraved ballpoint pen set will dress up even the most ordinary of gift ideas.
6. Your gift does not necessarily need to be of a material nature to be worthwhile and practical for your groomsmen. A round of golf, mini-membership to a gym, a prepaid coupon to his preferred upscale restaurant, music downloads from his favorite music site are all sure to be a great hit.
7. Lastly, don’t forget your best man. Like the groomsmen, his gift should have that personal and generous touch that says, “Thank you for being there and standing up with me.” This gift should reflect your gratitude without breaking you budget. The ideal gift could be court-side tickets to a basketball game, front row tickets to his favorite band, or roundtrip tickets to Vegas are excellent gestures to give after the wedding.
Remember, the more personalized and practical your gifts to your best man and groomsmen, the more memorable it is and will convey an exceptional meaning that will last a lifetime.