So many people today are considering mini storage for their valuables for the convenient size, price and safety. Many storage facilities are adding the mini storage option that are safe, sturdy and designed to give owners a storage option for their smaller more valuable items. If you are considering mini storage as an option, its important to remember the following 5 things:
- Inspect the Storage Facility’s Security: Just because a storage facility claims to have cameras and 24 hour surveillance doesn’t mean the storage grounds are safe. It’s important to find out what units are available and if there are cameras that cover those units. Having a camera at the gate entrance is not enough to keep unauthorized visitors from breaking into your mini storage unit.
- Check if the Buildings are Up to Code: Another thing you will want to check out about the facility is whether or not the building is up to code to protect your belongings. Does 倉庫出租 the building meet standard fire-codes? Are there smoke detectors? Does the building have appropriate sprinkler systems and fire alarms? Often times people store documents or valuables in their mini storage unit so its important to check for fire prevention.
- Does the Facility have an Onsite Manager?: Entrusting your property with someone else you might want to make sure there is an on-site manager of the facility to avoid future headaches. If you ever need to speak with someone about your unit it is a pain if you cannot speak to someone in person.
- What are Actual Dimensions of Unit?: It is important to make sure mini storage is the right type of storage you need. Make sure the facility has a unit that will fit all of your property available. Many times a company will say yes we have that, come on down and when you get there they are “out” of that unit size. Do not settle for a larger unit if you do not have to!
- Will All of Your Stuff Fit in A Mini Unit?: It’s important to not overstuff your storage unit with the chance that something will break or get damaged. Many people cram too much in a mini unit because they like the price. Don’t fall into the price trap if you will end up damaging your property – just doesn’t make sense!